I had the http://painlesssvn.com domain pointed to a page to this site. I'm in the process of moving it off this website, and onto its own webiste. The new site is now up. I'm slowing moving PainlessSVN and Subversion content over there.
I released Text File Splitter 2 about a week ago. Had to fix a couple things right away, so the version number is 2.0.2 at the moment.
I was finally able to add the autoupdate feature. This feature can be used in two ways:
1) Through the menu
You will see some action on the right hand side of the form like this:
2) Running the wyUpdate.exe program manually
You will see this dialog right after you run wyUpdate.exe:
The best thing about the auto update is that you have the ability to update the program even if it is not working.
I'm in the process of fleshing out the Software Development Kit (SDK) for Text File Splitter.
I just wanted to show everybody what I was working on tonight. I got the console program working with all the splitting strategies. That was a lot of fun. Since I was in a roll, I went ahead and implemented the feature where the GUI will give you the commandline for the current settings.
Here is the GUI all setup:
Now click on the "Get CommandLine" button and you get this:
I also started filling out the SDK. All in all, I had a very fun night coding this. It really helped me forget (at least for a few hours) the blown engine in our Dodge Durango.
The GUI is now done. I'm working on the command line console. I'm working really hard in keeping the same command-line swtiches that were used in version 1.5.1. Since there is no GUI in the console, I'm including the finished GUI screenshot:
After I get this released, I will add functionality to have the GUI to create a command-line for the user.